Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 1: Travel Day

Today, we prepare to embark on our 3 week trip to Tema, Ghana to work with 2 elementary schools in the area. Throughout Hesse past few weeks, our group has done many things to prepare. We have worked at the Concordia athletics concessions, held a fabulous rummage sale and have been holding weekly devotions/discussions on what to expect, what we worry about and what is most exciting to us. We heard a lot of meeting a new culture, meeting new people, honing our personal skill set and traveling to this area to see if this is something we want to do with our lives. I'm excited to grow. I think that travel broadens the mind and strengthens the heart. I can't wait to celebrate our resurrected Christ with another culture and to grow in my gifts. One lovely "gift" I've been given is the gift of impatience. I hope to learn to control this a bit and also become knowledgeable in my understanding of the scriptures and more comfortable in discussing this understanding. My prayer for today is everyone arrives safely to our destination and gets enough sleep throughout these next 24 hours of travel to be prepared for this exciting experience. I also pray they have coffee there. :). Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment